BES during Exchange 2003 to 2007 coexistence upgrade
I have performed many 03 to 07 migrations and I can confirm that it is a very simple process. So all you need to do is:
1. Add BESadmin as a View-Only Admin and set the Send As, Receive As and Store Admin permissions on Exchange 2007
2. Start Migrating user to Exchange 2007
3. Once the user Migration has been completed stop all the BlackBerry Services and move the BES admin account to Exchange 2007
4. Uninstall Exchange System Manager 2003 from the BES (must be done using an account that has full Exchange permissions).
5. Install “Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1” onto the BES and reboot the server
6. After the server restart logon using BESadmin and go to “Start > Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Server > Edit MAPI Profile” and ensure you can resolve the BESadmin account on the 07 server.
7. Now go too “Start > Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Server > BlackBerry Server Configuration > BlackBerry Server Tab > Edit MAPI Profile” and ensure you can resolve the BESadmin account on the 07 server.
As long as your Exchange Servers are in the same Exchange domain the BES can see both server and it will be fine. For the 1 week that you are migrating the Exchange 2007 users will have issues syncing calendar appointments from the device back to Outlook. Once you remove System manager and install the “Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1” this will correct this issue (This updates BES to run the required cdo.dll for Exchange 2007).
Your only option when System Manager becomes corrupt is to try and repair/reinstall it and then try uninstalling it again. As you are aware you MUST use an account that is a Full Exchange Administrator to uninstall the software.
I added the blackberry admin the view only admin permission, but I tried to set the send as and receive as permissions using the code “get-mailboxserver MYEXCH2K7Server | add-adpermission -user besadmin -accessrights GenericRead, GenericWrite -extendedrights Send-As, Receive-As, ms-Exch-Store-Admin” and I receive the following answer:
WARNING: The apropiate ACE is already present in the object
“CN=MYEXCH2K7SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=seglo,DC= com,DC=mx” from the account
Identity User Deny Inherited Rights
——– —- —- ——— ——
MYEXCH2K7SERVER MyDomain\besadmin False False Send-As
MYEXCH2K7SERVER MyDomain\besadmin False False Receive-As
MYEXCH2K7SERVER MyDomain\besadmin False False ms-Exch-Store-Admin
MYEXCH2K7SERVER MyDomain\besadmin False False ReadProperty
MYEXCH2K7SERVER MyDomain\besadmin False False ListObject, Generi…
MYEXCH2K7SERVER MyDomain\besadmin False False Self, WriteProperty
MYEXCH2K7SERVER MyDomain\besadmin False False ReadControl
This result is correct (i.e. Deny = False).
Categorised as: Microsoft